2021 Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment Books:
New This Year: Virtual Open Enrollment Health Fair
October 19 through 25
Due to COVID-19, instead of hosting in person Open Enrollment meetings, SBCERS is offering a new on-line Virtual Health Fair that can be enjoyed from the comfort and safety of your home.
For one week, you will be able to watch all the presentations you can usually enjoy at our meetings, via videos that are available 24/7. And by watching the videos, you can earn codes to enter to win raffle items!
How to Navigate Open Enrollment
SBCERS System News and Updates with CEO Greg Levin
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Provider Presentations
Care Counsel Healthcare Advocacy
Health Reimbursement Arrangements
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR COVERAGE:
- Review plan benefits, providers and rates.
- Obtain and complete forms.
- Sign and submit forms by SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE NO CHANGES TO YOUR COVERAGE:
- You do not have to complete or submit any forms.
- You do not have to contact SBCERS.
- SBCERS will automatically continue your current coverage into 2021 at the new rates.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T HAVE COUNTY HEALTH INSURANCE:
- You instead have money in your SBCERS Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) account.
- You may opt back in to County Health Insurance by completing and remitting forms.
- You do not have to contact SBCERS to set anything up, you contact Health Equity at 877-924-3967 or www.wageworks.com to seek reimbursement for eligible health expenses you pay out of your own pocket.
- Learn how to collect this money in “Health Insurance Subsidy” and “Health Reimbursement”.
- SBCERS will automatically continue your current HRA account into 2021.
MEDICARE & IMPORTANT NOTICES:
- Turning 65 in 2021? Contact SBCERS three months before your 65th birthday to review options.
- If you (and/or your dependents) have or will have Medicare in the next 12 months, Federal law provides choices for prescription drug coverage. See “Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare.”
INFORMATION AND DEADLINES FOR COUNTY AND SUPERIOR COURT
|Open Enrollment Period:||October 1-31, 2020|
|Forms and Booklets Availability:||After September 30th (website, mail, email, fax)|
|Form Submission Deadline:||At SBCERS office no later than Saturday, October 31, 2020|
|Forms Submission Options:||Email to [email protected] (as a scanned attachment)
Fax to 805-695-2755
Mail to an SBCERS office
Drop in an SBCERS dropbox (available outside both offices)
|Changes effective:||January 1, 2021|