Open Enrollment for 2024
Open Enrollment Books and Rates:
Join us for Breakfast and Benefits: In-Person Open Enrollment Health Fair
Friday, October 13 | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
SBCERS Board Room
130 Robin Hill Road, Goleta, CA 93117
The in-person event will have coffee, light breakfast snacks, free flu shots, and a raffle with free giveaways. Representatives from health plan providers and SBCERS will be on-site to answer any questions.
Can’t attend in-person? Join the Virtual Open Enrollment Health Fair
Beginning October 16
You will be able to watch all the presentations given at our in-person event via videos that are available 24/7.
How to Navigate Open Enrollment
SBCERS System News and Updates with CEO Greg Levin
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Provider Presentations
Care Counsel Healthcare Advocacy
Health Reimbursement Arrangements
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR COVERAGE:
- Review plan benefits, providers and rates.
- Obtain and complete forms.
- Sign and submit forms by Wednesday, November 1.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE NO CHANGES TO YOUR COVERAGE:
- You do not have to complete or submit any forms.
- You do not have to contact SBCERS.
- SBCERS will automatically continue your current coverage into 2024 at the new rates.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T HAVE COUNTY HEALTH INSURANCE:
- You instead have money in your SBCERS Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) account.
- You may opt back in to County Health Insurance by completing and remitting forms.
- You do not have to contact SBCERS to set anything up, you contact Health Equity at 877-924-3967 or www.wageworks.com to seek reimbursement for eligible health expenses you pay out of your own pocket.
- Learn how to collect this money in the “Health Insurance Subsidy” and “Health Reimbursement” sections of the Open Enrollment Guides published in October.
- SBCERS will automatically continue your current HRA account into 2024.
MEDICARE & IMPORTANT NOTICES:
- Turning 65 in 2024? Contact SBCERS three months before your 65th birthday to review options.
- If you (and/or your dependents) have or will have Medicare in the next 12 months, Federal law provides choices for prescription drug coverage. See the “Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare” section of the Open Enrollment Guides published in October.
INFORMATION AND DEADLINES FOR COUNTY AND SUPERIOR COURT
|Open Enrollment Period:||October 1-31, 2023|
|Forms and Booklets Availability:||After September 30th (website, mail, email, fax)|
|Form Submission Deadline:||At SBCERS office no later than Wednesday, November 1, 2023|
|Forms Submission Options:||Email to [email protected] (as a scanned attachment)
Fax to 805-695-2755
Mail to an SBCERS office
Drop in an SBCERS dropbox (available outside both offices)
|Changes effective:||January 1, 2024|